Sangam Shrestha *, Preethi Sudheer , Bharani S. Sogali , Deborose Soans
- Krupanidhi College of Pharmacy, Chikkabellandur Village, Carmelaram Post, Varthur Hobli, Bangalore - 560035, India
Purpose: The aim of the study was to explore the necessity, advantages and different techniques of solid dispersion for enhancing solubility of poorly soluble drugs.Approach: Different types of solid dispersion have been explained briefly along with the various techniques of solid dispersion in detail.Findings: Solid dispersions of poorly soluble drugs have been found to give positive results in enhancing its solubility and dissolution characters.Conclusion: Solid dispersion techniques improve solubility and bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs. Solid dispersions can be incorporated into various dosage forms with wide range of applicability.
- Arunprasad K, Narayanan N, Rajalakshmi G. Preparation and evaluation of solid dispersion of Terbinafine Hydrochloride. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res. 2010;3(1): 130-134
- Rumondor A, Dhareshwar S, Kesisoglou F. Amorphous Solid Dispersions or Prodrugs: Complementary Strategies to Increase Drug Absorption. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105(9): 2498-2508.
- Sun D.D, Lee P.I. Crosslinked hydrogels�a promising class of insoluble solid molecular dispersion carriers for enhancing the delivery of poorly soluble drugs. Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B. 2014;4(1): 26-36.
- Deshmukh D.B, Gaikwad P.D, Bankar V.H, Pawar S.P. Dissolution enhancement of poorly water soluble diacerein by solid dispersion technique. J Pharm Sci Res. 2010; 2(11): 734-739.
- Dehghan M.H, Saifee M, Hanwate R.M. Comparative dissolution study of glipizide by solid dispersion technique. J Pharm Sci Technol. 2010;2(9): 293-297.
- Yang G, Zhao Y, Feng N, Zhang Y, Liu Y, Dang B. Improved dissolution and bioavailability of silymarin delivered by a solid dispersion prepared using supercritical fluids. Asian J Pharm Sci. 2015;10(3): 194-202.
- Mehta S, Joseph N.M, Feleke F, Palani S. Improving solubility of BCS class II drugs using solid dispersion. J Drug Deliv Ther. 2014;4(3): 7-13.
- Sharma D, Soni M, Kumar S, Gupta G.D. Solubility enhancement�Eminent role in poorly soluble drugs. Res J Pharm Technol. 2009;2(2): 220-224.
- Das S.K, Roy S, Kalimuthu Y, Khanam J, Nanda A. Solid dispersions: an approach to enhance the bioavailability of poorly water-soluble drugs. Int J Pharmacol Pharm Technol. 2012;1(1): 37-46.
- Ankit M, Manish Y, Dinesh C. Solid dispersion: A technique to improve solubility of poorly water soluble drug. Indo Am J Pharm Res. 2014;4(6): 2855-2866.
- Dixit ND, Niranjan SK. A Review: solid dispersion. World J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2014;3: 238-257.
- Singh J, Walia M, Harikumar SL. Solubility enhancement by solid dispersion method: a review. J Drug Deliv Ther. 2013;3(5): 148-155.
- Dixit AK, Singh RP, Singh S. Solid dispersion-a strategy for improving the solubility of poorly soluble drugs. Int J Res Pharm Biomed Sci. 2012;3(2): 960-966.
- Yadav PS, Kumar V, Singh UP, Bhat HR, Mazumder B. Physicochemical characterization and in vitro dissolution studies of solid dispersions of ketoprofen with PVP K30 and D-mannitol. Saudi Pharm J. 2013;21(1): 77-84.
- Chaulang G, Patil K, Ghodke D, Khan S, Yeole P. Preparation and characterization of solid dispersion tablet of furosemide with crospovidone. Res J Pharm Tech. 2008;1(4): 386-389.
- Yadav B, Tanwar Y.S. Applications of solid dispersions. J Chem Pharm Res. 2015;7(2): 965-978
- Sridhar I, Doshi A, Joshi B, Wankhede V, Doshi J. Solid dispersions: an approach to enhance solubility of poorly water soluble drug. J Sci Innov Res. 2013;2(3): 685-694.